Wireless Energy Transmission
Advancements in radar and advanced materials technology have made energy transmission over long ranges possible. At Emrod, we have developed unique technology that makes long distance energy transmission safe & reliable for commercial purposes.
Energy is transmitted through electromagnetic waves over long distances using Emrod's proprietary beam shaping, metamaterials and rectenna technology.
- Emrod uses beams in the ISM (Industrial, Scientific, and Medical) band with frequencies commonly used in WiFi, Bluetooth, and RfID.
- Point-to-Point transmission means that power is beamed directly between two points. There is no radiation around the beam, as there is with high voltage wire transmission.
- Low power laser safety curtain ensures that the transmission beam immediately shuts down before any transient object (such as a bird or helicopter) can reach the main beam ensuring it never touches anything except clean air.
- Reduces electrocution risk associated with wires
- Fewer failure points. No wired lines reduces weather and other physical interference related outages.
- The technology we use for power transmission is not affected by weather or atmospheric conditions such as rain, fog or dust.
- Emrod’s patented beam shaping and meta material technology creates columnated beams that safely transmit power over many kilometres
- Significantly lower infrastructure and maintenance costs.
- No outage fees
- Minimising environmental footprint and supporting sustainable energy uptake
Replacing underwater cables and lines going through nature reserves reduces the human footprint and impact on our environment